Once you graduate from simply shooting down at the range for some thrills to hunting and sport shooting, you’ll start thinking about loading your own ammo.
There are quite a few things you will need to get before you start reloading your own ammo. One of the key items you’ll need is a reloading press.
Reloading presses come in two types; single stage and progressive. With a single stage press each step of case preparation is done one at a time (case wall sizing, neck sizing, bullet seating, etc.). A single stage press is perfect for both beginners and those who want complete control over the entire process.
A Progressive press contains multiple stations that essentially allow you to complete the entire reloading process. It allows for a high rate of system loads per hour. For the shooter who goes through large amounts of ammo in a single session,a progressive reloading press is an essential part of your reloading bench.
Note that reloading press require that you buy the correct dies and shell holders for the caliber you are shooting.
This is the best product on our list currently in stock:
Top Reloading Presses
|1||RCBS Rebel Single Stage Press||Check Price|
|2||Frankford Arsenal M-Press Coaxial Reloading Press||Check Price|
|3||Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Reloading Press Kits||Check Price|
|4||LEE PRECISION Breech Lock Challenger Press||Check Price|
|5||Lyman 7726350 Brass Smith||Check Price|
1. RCBS Rebel Single Stage Press
- Heavy Duty cast iron frame
- Machined qualified surfaces
- Biggest O-Frame opening
- None that we found
2. Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Reloading Press Kits
- Comes with primer catcher and three lock-n-load DIE Bushings
- Uniquely angled solid cast frame that offers greater visibility and easier access to the cartridge
- Perfect die and shell holder alignment
- Starter kit so you will still need to purchase additional items (i.e. caliper, case trimer, etc)
3. Frankford Arsenal M-Press Coaxial Reloading Press
- Removable Die Blocks
- Universal Shell Plate System
- Ambidextrous Handle
- May experience some play in holding down the brass case holder and alignment with die holders
4. Lyman 7726350 Brass Smith, Victory Single Stage Press
- Heavy duty cast iron “O” Frame
- Newly designed straight line primer feed
- Precision fit and smooth operation
- Priming system may not be smooth
- Some casting flaws may be experienced but does not affect functionality
5. LEE PRECISION Breech Lock Challenger Press
- “O” frame press, all steel linkage with adjustable length lever
- Breech Lock Quick Change die system
- Lee bushings may be a little hard to remove but not a problem
We hope you enjoyed our reviews of the top reloading presses.