We recently created an article on how to clean a gun. Although the process isn’t overly complicated, you might want to also be searching for the the best ultrasonic cleaner for guns.
Ultrasonic cleaners are better suited for those who shoot often. Ultrasonic cleaning uses cavitation bubbles induced by high frequency pressure waves to agitate a liquid.
This action removes carbon residue and other debris from internal and external surfaces of cartridge cases, small gun parts and other small metal equipment.
A cleaning solution is used in the process. Although very effective you may be required to do some follow on cleaning for stubborn areas.
Be aware that all lubricants will be removed after ultrasonic cleaning and you will need to reapply all the necessary lubricants.
This is the best product on our list currently in stock:
Our Picks for the Top 5 Ultrasonic Gun Cleaners
|1||Hornady Lock N Load Sonic Cleaner||Check Price|
|2||DK SONIC 6L Professional Touch Ultrasonic Cleaner||Check Price|
|3||Rio & Dio 30L Large Ultrasonic Cleaning Machine||Check Price|
|4||iSonic P4810 Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner||Check Price|
|5||Lyman Turbo Sonic Case Cleaner 115V||Check Price|
1. Hornady Lock N Load Sonic Cleaner
- Cleans internal and external surfaces of cartridge cases and primer pockets
- Hanging cords allow large objects to take full advantage of the ultrasonic energy
- De-gas function
- 5 temperature settings from 100-140°F
- Make sure you oil your gun well afterward it will totally remove all lubrication
- Not a small or light machine if that is important to you
2. DK SONIC 6L Professional Touch Ultrasonic Cleaner
- Super high quality industrial transducers which provide strong ultrasonic power
- Touch controlled design panel with digital timer heater
- Tank enfolded with sound insulation silica gel
- 1 year warranty
- A bit pricey
3. Rio & Dio 30L Large Ultrasonic Cleaning Machine
- Digital Control–LED digital display
- Strong Cleaning Power
- Extra-Thick Cleaning Tank
- Stainless Steel Cleaning Basket
- May be a little on the noisy side but no big deal
- A bit pricey
4. iSonic P4810 Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner
- A medium-sized commercial grade ultrasonic cleaner with superior quality
- Plastic housing – Much quieter than the ones with stainless steel housing
- An almost square tank renders more uniform ultrasonic energy distribution than a tank with rectangular shape
- Recommended primarily for home use
- A bit loud
5. Lyman Turbo Sonic Case Cleaner 115V
- Heated tank and plastic basket delivers Superior Ultrasonic Performance
- Processes up to 900 9mm cases in less than 15 minutes
- Cleans cases inside & out, including primer pockets
- May want to replace the plastic basket with a metal one
- Has a 8 minute timer (max)
- Best for small items
We hope you liked our reviews for the best ultrasonic cleaners for guns.