Reloading your ammo can help save money but it is also a great way to be more involved with your shooting.
For reloading many items are generally required, one of which is a brass tumbler.
An amazing way to clean your excessive amount of brass is to use a brass tumbler. A brass tumbler can help you get your work done faster.
A brass tumbler turns the tarnished cases into clean and professional-looking cases. They are also safe to use. A cleaner brass will also protect your dies from gathering debris.
Note that there are two types of Tumblers ‘Wet’ and ‘Dry’. Both have their advantages. The wet cleans both the inside and outside of the brass case but requires the brass to be dried after use in the tumbler. Dry cleans just the outside of the case but you can start the reloading process immediately.
Tarnished brass looks unprofessional and is also be a safety hazard.
This is the best product on our list currently in stock:
Our Picks for the Top 5 Brass Tumblers
|1||Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Rotary Tumbler||Check Price|
|2||RCBS 87001 Rotary Case Cleaner||Check Price|
|3||Hornady M-1 Case Tumbler||Check Price|
|4||Lyman Pro 1200 Tumbler||Check Price|
|5||Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-EZ Case Tumbler||Check Price|
1. Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Rotary Tumbler (Wet) (Pick for best Wet Tumbler)
- Large 7-liter capacity this tumbler can clean up to 1,000 cases of .223 brass at a time
- Features a maintenance-free drive train
- Dual-layer drum with noise dampening rubber lining for minimal noise while running
- Built in timer
- Requires drying time for the brass after cleaning
- You may consider purchasing a transfer magnet to manage steel pins
2. RCBS 87001 Rotary Case Cleaner
- Tumbling action will clean all surfaces of the brass both inside and out
- 60 RPM rotations ensure uniform cleaning and the timer can be set for up to three hours of continuous cleaning
- The rubber lined drum will keep the noise to an acceptable level
- Can do over 500 9mm
- Timer is a nice touch
- Somewhat noisy but worth it
3. Hornady M-1 Case Tumbler (Dry) (Pick for best dry tumbler)
- Holds up to (400) .38 Special cases, (180) 30-06 cases
- Included sifter to separate the polished brass from the media
- Clean and polish large quantities of cases quickly and efficiently
- None for this type of Tumbler
4. Lyman Pro 1200 Tumbler (115-Volt) (Dry)
- Cleans Up To 350 38 spl. Cases Per Cycle
- Works With Both Corncob And Nutshell Media
- Built-in Sifter Lid For Easy Case Separation
- Geared for smaller lots
5. Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-EZ Case Tumbler (Dry)
- Provides a quick, easy and economical means to clean your brass
- Can hold up to 600 pieces of 9mm brass or 360 pieces of 223 brass
- Removes fouling, lube and oxidation from brass
- Minor assembly
Do you prefer dry or wet tumblers? Tell us in the comments section below.